Hiking Lake Louise
If you're looking to experience the sights and sounds of Lake Louise on foot there are several scenic hiking trails available which range from 1.7 to 3.4 km round trips. These trails, which are all located at the top of the sightseeing lift just above the wildlife corridor closure area, guarantee some of the most magnificent views in the Rockies. See the summer hiking trail map below for details.
Important Notes For Hikers:
- Due to the presence of an active wildlife corridor, hiking is not permitted on the lower mountain. Those hiking on the upper mountain must use the lift when returning to the base lodges and parking area.
- Trails may close at any time due to presence of bears. Hiking in closed areas is not permitted.
- Hikers must be prepared for changing weather and trial conditions. Like anywhere in Banff Nation Park, assistance may not be readily available if needed.
- We strongly recommend hiking in close groups of 4 or more.
- Hike at your own risk. Hikers accept full responsibility for their own safety and well being.