Hiking Lake Louise
If you're looking to experience the sights and sounds of Lake Louise on foot there are several scenic hiking trails available which range from 1.7 to 3.4 km round trips. These trails, which are all located at the top of the sightseeing lift just above the wildlife corridor closure area, guarantee some of the most magnificent views in the Rockies. See the summer hiking trail map below for details.
Important Notes For Hikers:
- Due to the presence of an active wildlife corridor, hiking is not permitted on the lower mountain. Those hiking on the upper mountain must use the lift when returning to the base lodges and parking area.
- Trails may close at any time due to presence of bears. Hiking in closed areas is not permitted.
- Hikers must be prepared for changing weather and trail conditions. Like anywhere in Banff National Park, assistance may not be readily available if needed.
- We strongly recommend hiking in close groups of 4 or more.
- Hike at your own risk. Hikers accept full responsibility for their own safety and well being.
Plenty of Free Parking
Pass the line ups and get guaranteed free parking for your car or RV! There's always plenty of parking available here at the Lake Louise Gondola! Drive in and park your car or RV instantly in any of our huge parking lots conveniently located just outside of the main day lodge.Learn More
Free Shuttle Service
Take advantage of our free daily shuttle service that's available between the Lake Louise Gondola, Chateau Lake Louise and the Samson Mall during the summer months.Learn More