2018 Junior Ranger Program
Lake Louise, part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the most spectacular destinations on the planet. Our unique location offers the opportunity to glimpse, photograph and learn about the magnificent wildlife, precious ecosystems and unspoiled beauty of Banff National Park. Bring the whole class and give your students this opportunity to learn in a living postcard.
Just 2 hours West of Calgary, the Lake Louise Summer Gondola is the "Home of the Grizzly Bear." Most days in summer, you can spot grizzly bears grazing on our slopes from the safety of our awe-inspiring Summer Gondola.
The Junior Ranger Package offers a unique and interactive program that is focused on learning about grizzly bears living in the changing environment of Banff National Park. The program includes a theatre-style presentation, self-discovery time in the interactive Wildlife Interpretive Centre and a guided nature walk in the Whitehorn Wildlife Corridor.
We are happy to work with teachers in advance to customize programs for any Grade 1 to 9 class. Our professional interpreters will deliver a memorable and experiential lesson that will fulfill your curriculum.
- Plan Your Trip
- Procedures & Policies
The Grizzly Truth - Grades 1-12
"The Grizzly Truth," is a two-part program that includes an interactive presentation about the changing environment of Banff National Park and what it means for grizzly bears. Questions explored and answered include: Which factors impact the survival of the grizzly bear and how can students help us ensure a sustainable environment where grizzlies can continue to thrive?
Students will then take to the outdoors to explore our beautiful wildlife corridor. A fun and professional guide will lead them safely on a discovery into the needs of the grizzly bear, discussing what makes an ideal habitat for bears, how to interact and coexist with bears in this environment and the future of bears and what all of us can do to ensure that they remain part of this landscape.
- One complimentary chaperone ticket for every 10 student tickets booked.
- Experienced and professionally certified interpretive guides who deliver the program, answer questions and lead the nature walk.
- Engaging presentation that helps to fulfill teachers' Science curriculum goals.
- Free use of our Wildlife Interpretative Centre, interactive learning displays and props.
- Photo taking opportunities from one of the most spectacular viewpoints in Banff National Park.
Note: Guided walks may be changed at anytime due to weather or other extenuating circumstances that could pose safety hazards.
Plan Your Trip
Below is a schedule breakdown outlining the estimated time allocated to each activity to help you better plan your trip.
From arrival to departure we suggest allowing 2.5 - 3 hours for the full Junior Ranger experience.
- Meet at the group sales desk to pick up gondola tickets and meet your Interpretive Guides - 15 minutes.
- Gondola ride to mid mountain - 15 minute gondola ride, 15 minutes to walk to the interpretive centre.
- Grizzly Truth Program Part 1: Interpretive presentation - 45 minutes.
- Grizzly Truth Program Part 2: Guided walk - 45 minutes.
- Gondola ride to base area - 15 minutes to walk to the gondola, 15 minute gondola ride.
Note: If you wish to join us for breakfast or lunch, please allow 45 minutes to 1 hour before or after the Junior Ranger program. A maximum 1:15 interpreter to student ratio will be provided to insure that everyone can hear the interpreter and enjoy the full experience.
Student Pricing (Grades 1-12)
|Program and Breakfast Buffet||$21.95|
|Program and Lunch Buffet||$24.95|
Adult Pricing (18 yrs +)
|Program and Breakfast Buffet||$24.95|
|Program and Lunch Buffet||$30.95|
Note: 5% GST not included in the pricing.
General Arrival Procedures
- When arriving at the Lake Louise Summer Gondola, pull into the main entrance and follow the bus parking signs.
- Group Leaders will check in at the Group Sales Desk located in the Whisky Jack Lodge Cafeteria. This lodge is located to the left of the main lodge, the Lodge of Ten Peaks.
- The Group Sales Team will provide Group Leaders with any important information needed for the day.
- Please notify us immediately if there are any delays in your arrival time at 1-403-522-1341.
- Groups must pay for all products with one form of payment.
- Credit card details are required to secure your booking during the reservation process.
- Credit cards will NOT be charged during the reservation process, but will be kept on file.
- Full payment is required on the day of arrival and products will not be given until full payment is made.
- If you wish to be invoiced at a later date, a credit application must be filled out and returned to the Group Sales Team at least two weeks before the group's scheduled visit.
- We accept the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, Debit, Cash and Cheques.
- Cheques should be made payable to The Lake Louise Ski Area Ltd.
What To Bring
- Good walking shoes.
- Sun block/insect repellent.
- Warm clothes, toque, hat, mitts, rain gear & sun glasses are good things to consider.
Note: Be prepared for all types of weather at any time of the year. Temperatures at mid-mountain can be 5-10 degrees cooler than temperatures at the base. Programs may be changed at any time due to weather or other extenuating circumstances that could pose safety hazards. We appreciate your understanding & cooperation.
- Groups must contain 15 persons or more to qualify for group pricing.
- 24 hour advance booking is required for all buffet dining reservations to ensure reserved seating.
- We require a group contact name by 9:00 am on the day of your group arrival.
- All forms of payment are accepted but only one form of payment is accepted for the group.
- If you wish to be invoiced, this must be arranged in advance as a credit check is required.
Please contact the Group Sales Team as soon as possible when it comes to cancelling your group. Any school group cancelling within 72 hours (3 days) will be charged 50% of their estimated costs. If your school group is charged the billing will be based on the guaranteed number or actual number, whichever is greater.
Breakfast & Lunch
Please contact us for menus and inclusions.
- Breakfast Buffet runs daily from 8:30am - 10:45am.
- Lunch Buffet runs daily from 11:30am - 2:30pm.