Personal identification information
We may collect personally identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Date of Birth
Certain types of membership products purchased from The Lake Louise Ski Resort (i.e. Louise Plus Card and Season Pass) ask that you provide your Date Of Birth (DOB), which we use as follows:
- DOB allows us to automatically calculate your age, ensuring that you receive the correct product type based on your age as of the date of eligibility. (Seniors, for example receive a discounted season pass if they turn 65 anytime before 1-January of the current season, even though they may be 64 at the time the product is purchased. Similarly, youth and student passes are available to individuals who meet the age requirements as of opening day, regardless of the date during the season that the product is purchased.)
- DOB is used along with First Name, Last Name and Address information to associate orders placed by different systems (i.e. Season Pass, Direct-to-Lift and Louise Plus Card). This ensures that entitlements to rewards like free days on Louise Plus Cards are accumulated correctly, in particular for customers who may upgrade / downgrade between products in disparate systems throughout the ski season.
- When you scan your Louise Plus Card through one of our automated ticketing kiosks, you will be prompted to confirm the date of birth on each Louise Plus Card you scan. Because you are entitled to receive a limited number of lift tickets at no cost through these systems and receive discounts on tickets at other times, we use DOB to confirm that the ticket being dispensed is actually yours.
- Customers who participate in our Direct-to-Lift (DTL) program skip the ticket lineups and proceed direct to the lift each day. Using your DOB, we calculate your age, charge your Credit Card for the appropriate lift ticket automatically and e-mail you a copy of the transaction receipt.
Please understand that providing your DOB is voluntary. We respect that some customers aren't comfortable or willing to provide this information, and we're pleased to accommodate you. If for any reason you wish not to provide this information, please see one of our Guest Services staff who would be pleased to assist. Please note however that products sold and/or activated without a DOB will not be able to use Automated Ticket Kiosks or participate in our DTL program.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
The Lake Louise Ski Resort. collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To process transactions
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Lake Louise Ski Resort.
1 Whitehorn Road
Lake Louise Alberta, Canada